Active Pool Supply is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes how we collect and use personal information about you when you visit our website, contact us, or visit our stores.
When you interact with activepoolsupply.com or make a purchase we collect personal and technical information about you, your visit and your recent purchases. This may include order information, product interests, content topic interests, loyalty information, etc. in addition to information about your visit such as IP Address, operating system, location information and other device information. We may record additional information about your visit including the pages you viewed on the site, products you browsed or placed in an online shopping cart as well as any content pages you have viewed. We collect this information about you and your preferences to create a profile of your interests and to serve you personalized content on websites and/or via personalized marketing promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. In some cases, we may automatically enroll you in marketing campaign based on your product interests or past purchases. You may optionally disclose additional personal information about yourself within your account or as part of a contest or sweepstakes. By providing this additional personal information you authorize us to use this information in connection with personalized marketing promotions and interest-based advertising. You may optionally rate / review or comment on a product, blog post and / or web page, by entering your email, a star rating, and short text. By providing your review or comment you authorize us to disclose your endorsement or feedback to other shoppers interested in that product, webpage or blog post.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact the Active Pool Supply customer service department at [email protected]
or (888) 751-8084.
How We Share Information
Your personal information will never be sold. We do not share personal information about you with third-parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third-parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third-party service providers that provide products or services to us, or for our website; that help us market or advertise to you; or that provide products or services to you.
- Third-party fulfillment centers may be supplied with your shipping information, but your name and address will not be used for any other purpose than delivery of your order.
- While we may occasionally share statistics about our customers with important business partners, we do not disclose any identifying information about individual customers.
- Additional third-parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third-parties as required or allowed by applicable law, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third-parties.
- We also may share personal information with third-parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Online Advertising and Third-Parties We Work With
We work with third-party companies for advertising purposes, including to serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our website, and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. These companies may collect information - including automatically collected information when you use our website. These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions directly with the third-party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third-party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you. We may share personal information with the third-party companies we work with for our purposes, though we do not share personal information about you with third-parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
Active Pool Supply gives you access to third-party partners to provide you with certain services. Our website may provide links to other sites, content or videos maintained by third-parties. Active Pool Supply encourages you to review the privacy statements of website you choose to link to from Active Pool Supply so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. Active Pool Supply is not responsible for the privacy statements or content on websites outside of activepoolsupply.com.
What Information We Collect
Active Pool Supply collects a variety of types of information. For example, we collect:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address.
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates).
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and brand and merchandise interests.
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well items in your online shopping cart, product review information, LoyaltyPoints information, and other information about your profile or account.
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website.
How We Collect Information
Active Pool Supply collects information on our website, and during interactions with you, including on the phone, chat and in-store. We also obtain information from you and from third-parties. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- That you provide, such as when you make a purchase; interact with a member of our customer service team; register for a LoyaltyPoints or online account; participate in a contest or sweepstakes; respond to a survey; engage with our website, such as write a review, comment on a blog post, submit a question or answer in the Q&A; participate in a promotional activity; or sign up for emails or marketing.
- From third-parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives.
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we may collect information from the computer, tablet, or phone, that you use to access our website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website, or you choose to share it with us.
How We Use Information
Active Pool Supply uses the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. Examples of how we use information include:
- To process and fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s).
- To respond to you when you make a request or inquiry; or share a comment or concern.
- Your email address may be auto-subscribed to our email newsletter to allow for advertisements and communication regarding order information such as rebates, recalls, related parts, etc.
- To create a profile of your interests for personalization of your experiences with us, including to remember your preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website; and to enrich your experience on our website.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you.
- To generate anonymous statistics to understand how our website is used; understand how users shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website.
- For legal purposes, such as lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
Your Information and Access Requests
We strive to offer you with choices about how personal information is stored, used and shared.
- To opt out of receiving communications from Active Pool Supply, click "unsubscribe" in the footer of any email communication. You can also make your request by e-mail to [email protected].
- If you have registered for an online account, you may access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account here and using the features and functionalities available there.
- You may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request. You may also request a change or removal of your saved personal information. We will make every effort to correct, update, or remove any personal data you have provided to us in accordance with California’s Consumer Privacy Act.
Active Pool Supply does not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to Active Pool Supply in connection with our website, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please e-mail us at [email protected]
, so that we can take steps to delete the personal information provided.
To ensure all your personal information is kept private, your personal information and credit card number are encrypted with SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet, making it virtually impossible for your information to be stolen or intercepted. Your credit card information is stored in a database inaccessible to the Internet. Active Pool Supply constantly monitors the status of its Internet security and strives to keep up with the latest security features available to keep our customers information secure. We perform monthly web security reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current practices, as well as new technology applications that may make Active Pool Supply even more secure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us.
To keep internal access to your data limited, Active Pool Supply network is protected with encryption, and employees have access to such data only via password and additional two-factor authentication.
How to Contact Us
or call (888) 751-8084. For questions regarding a product or an order, please contact us here
. You may also send us your comments about the Active Pool Supply site or the shopping experience in general, as we always appreciate feedback. Active Pool Supply may file your comments to improve the site and program or review and discard the information.
Active Pool Supply will occasionally make changes to this policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by posting the updated policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy.
This policy is effective December 26, 2019.